Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Red food coloring
1. Prepare a 9x9 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Once melted, add the condensed milk, sugar, pomegranate molasses, corn syrup, and salt, and stir until combined.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring often. Attach a candy thermometer and boil the candy until it reaches 245 degrees, firm-ball stage. Stir frequently so that the mixture does not scorch on the bottom of the pan.
4. Once it reaches the proper temperature, remove from the heat and stir in the red food coloring, mixing until you achieve a deep red or reddish-brown color.
5. Pour the candy into the prepared pan. Allow to set at room temperature overnight, or in the refrigerator to speed up the process.
6. Cut into squares using an oiled knife or kitchen shears. Wrap individual candies in waxed paper or cellophane, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.