- 1 15-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp rum extract
- 2/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1. Prepare an 8-inch square baking pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Mix 1/3 of the sweetened condensed milk and the corn syrup in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it reaches 235 degrees.
3. Continue stirring as you add in the rest of the sweetened condensed milk. Keep the mixture boiling and gradually stir in the chocolate. Cook until mixture again reaches 235 degrees.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and rum extracts.
5. Scatter half of the macadamia nuts in the bottom of the pan, and pour the chocolate caramel on top. Sprinkle the remaining nuts evenly on the caramel.
6. Allow to cool thoroughly before cutting.