- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp butter, cut into small pieces
- 1-1/3 cups light brown sugar
1. Prepare a small (6x6 inch) square pan by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine the sugar, cream, butter, vanilla, and 1 TB water in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan. Stir with a spoon over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and the butter is melted.
3. Bring to boil and cover for 3 minutes.
4. Uncover, but do not stir! Continue boiling until a candy thermometer reads 250 degrees.
5. Pour the caramel into the prepared pan and let it cool down.
6. When it is still slightly wet, score the top into squares, and then leave to harden completely.
7. Once firm, cut into pieces and wrap individually in waxed paper or cling wrap. Candies can be store in an airtight container at room temperature (not refrigerated) for up to one week.