Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
1. Prepare an 8-inch square baking pan by lining it with aluminum foil.
2. Lightly heat the heavy cream until warm. You can place it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, or put it on the stove in a small saucepan.
3. Mix together 1 cup of warm cream, the sugar, and the corn syrup in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and slowly pour in the remaining cream.
4. Continue heating the mixture until it comes to 230 degrees.
5. Add the butter in small chunks, stirring to encourage melting. Allow the mixture to reach 245 degrees (firm ball stage).
6. Remove from heat and stir in pecans, vanilla and salt.
7. Pour into the prepared pan, and allow to fully set at room temperature.