Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 ounces (1/2 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 (3/4 cup) ounces white chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- 1.5 cups Cheerios cereal
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
1. Combine the unsweetened chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, and white chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until the chocolate is melted, stirring after every minute.
2. Once the chocolate is melted, smooth, and a uniform texture, stir in the cheerios and peanuts. Stir until the cereal and nuts are well-coated.
3. Drop small teaspoonfuls of candy onto a foil-lined baking sheet, or directly into paper candy cups. While the chocolate is still wet, decorate the top of each cluster with a single white chocolate chip, if desired.
4. Refrigerate the candies until the chocolate is completely set. Store the candies in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Makes approximately 2 dozen clusters.