Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 3 tbsp butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Prepare an 8x8 inch cake pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine the sugars, chocolate, milk, salt, corn syrup, and banana in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir constantly until the sugar dissolves and the mixture looks well combined.
3. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches soft-ball stage (240 degrees). Remove from the heat and drop chunks of butter over the top of the fudge, but don’t stir. Cool to lukewarm (110 degrees).
4. Add the vanilla and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens and becomes difficult to stir. Spoon into the prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
5. Allow to set at room temperature (2-3 hours) before cutting into 1-inch squares to serve.