Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 can (5 oz) evaporated milk
- 2 packages (4.67 oz each) Andes mints
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme or fluff
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 18 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- green "candy coloring" (not regular food coloring)
1. Prepare a cookie sheet by covering it in aluminum foil and spraying it with cooking spray.
2. Combine sugar, butter, and milk in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
3. After mixture reaches a boil, reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads 236 degrees (soft-ball stage).
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the Andes mints until combined. Add the marshmallow cream and vanilla and stir until fully incorporated. Pour mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet and spread it in an even layer almost to the edge of the sheet. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
5. Cut mixture into small squares. Roll the squares into balls and place back on the baking sheet.
6. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Dip the balls in the chocolate and put back on the baking sheet to harden.
7. Melt the white chocolate and add the green candy food coloring. Drizzle the chocolate over the truffles using a spoon or a piping bag. Place in the refrigerator to set. Truffles can be stored for up to 5 days in an airtight refrigerated container.