- 4-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 18 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 lb butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
1. Spray a 9”x 13” pan with cooking spray, or cover with foil.
2. Combine sugar and evaporated milk in a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Stir continuously and boil for six minutes.
3. Remove from heat, and add butter, chips, and vanilla. Continue stirring until the chips and completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
4. Add the chopped nuts and stir to incorporate. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Ideally, this should cool at room temperature overnight, but if you are in a hurry or if it is especially warm, it can be put in the refrigerator to harden. Slice into small squares and serve when firm.