Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups shredded, sweetened coconut
- 7 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Place the coconut in a pie tin or small baking pan, and toast it in the oven until golden brown. The secret to good toasted coconut is consistent browning, so be sure to stir it every 2 minutes until it is an even, light golden color. It will probably take 8-10 minutes, but monitor your coconut carefully.
3. While the coconut is toasting, place the chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave it until it is melted, stirring every 45 seconds.
4. Once coconut is toasted and chocolate is melted, stir the coconut into the chocolate, mixing until coconut is entirely coated with chocolate.
5. Using a small teaspoon, drop small spoonfuls of the candy onto the prepared sheet.
6. Once all candy has been formed, refrigerate for 30 minutes, until the chocolate is set.