Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 8x8 pan
- 12 oz (about 2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz (1 stick, or 1/2 cup) butter, softened to room temperature
- 14 oz (1 can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups colored miniature marshmallows
1. Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place the chocolate chips and the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave it until everything is melted. Stir the chocolate mixture after every 30-40 seconds to keep it from overheating and to help it melt evenly.
3. Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, add the condensed milk, the vanilla extract, the powdered sugar, and the salt, and stir until everything is incorporated.
4. Lastly, add the miniature marshmallows and stir until they're well-distributed and coated with fudge.
5. Scrape the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer. Allow the fudge to set at room temperature for at least 4 hours, or in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
6. When the fudge is completely set, remove it from the pan using the foil as handles. Peel the foil away, and use a large sharp knife to cut the fudge into small squares to serve.
7. Stained Glass Fudge can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.