- For the cream filling:
- 1 stick (4 oz) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- For the chocolate fudge:
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup Oreo crumbs (from 10 cookies)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. First, prepare the vanilla filling layer. Place the softened butter in the bowl of a large mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Alternately, you can place the butter in a large bowl and use a hand mixer. Mix on medium-high speed for a minute until the butter is lighter in color and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and mix on low until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the vanilla, and mix on high speed for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. Set the filling aside while you prepare the chocolate layer.
3. Place the chocolate chips, condensed milk, and salt in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in one-minute increments until melted, stirring after every minute to prevent overheating.
4. Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, quickly stir in the cookie crumbs and the vanilla extract, and pour half of the chocolate fudge into the prepared pan. Spread it into a thin, even layer.
5. Working quickly, scrape the vanilla filling over the chocolate layer, and spread it evenly. Continue to work quickly so that the chocolate fudge does not set. Pour the remaining chocolate fudge over the top of the vanilla filling and carefully spread it evenly, trying not the disturb the vanilla layer underneath.
6. Refrigerate the fudge to set it, about 1-2 hours. Once set, remove it from the pan using the foil as handles. Cut it into small 1-inch pieces to serve.
7. Layered Oreo Fudge is best at cool room temperature; warmer rooms will cause the filling to become too soft. Store Layered Oreo Fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.