- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 cups (18 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
1. Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine the cream and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil and boil it continuously for one minute.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chocolate, stirring constantly until the chocolate is melted.
4. Add the powdered sugar and stir until the mixture is smooth and the sugar is incorporated. Add the vanilla and walnuts, and stir until the walnuts are distributed throughout the fudge.
5. Pour the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer. Refrigerate the fudge until set, about 2 hours.
6. Once set, remove the fudge from the pan using the foil as handles. Cut the fudge into small squares to serve. Stovetop Fudge can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.