Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 6 ounces dark chocolate candy coating (like Wilton’s Candymelts)
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 cup prepared chocolate frosting
- 1/3 cup roasted, crushed peanuts, with 12 whole peanuts reserved
- Makes 12 towers
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with smooth aluminum foil.
2. Melt the candy coating and pour it on the foil. Smooth it in a thin layer with an offset spatula. Allow the candy to almost harden at room temperature, and then cut out twelve 2” circles using a cookie or biscuit cutter. Allow candy to set fully before popping the circles out.
3. Spread 1 tsp frosting over each circle. Place a marshmallow in the center of the circle, and sprinkle crushed nuts around the outside of the marshmallow, pressing gently to get them to stick to the frosting.
4. Spoon or pipe ½ tsp of frosting on top of the marshmallow, and top with a whole peanut. Allow to set in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before serving.
Note: Instead of prepared frosting, you can make your own ganache for this recipe. Use one-half of the chocolate and cream quantities in the Cinnamon Truffles recipe, and follow the procedure for making the ganache. The end result will taste much better and have a more pure “chocolate” taste than prepared chocolate frosting, but will add more preparation time to the recipe.