Yield: 6 Truffle Shots
- 1 cup cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 oz semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine the cream, milk, and granulated sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and whisk everything together.
2. Bring the cream mixture to a simmer. Turn the heat to medium-low, and add the finely chopped chocolate. Whisk constantly as the chocolate melts. When the chocolate is fully melted and the mixture is smooth, add the salt and vanilla and whisk them in. Taste the mixture, and add additional sugar, salt, or vanilla if desired.
3. Pour the chocolate drink into small glasses and serve immediately. If it's not enjoyed immediately, make sure to whisk it well and heat it until warm before serving.
4. Store Truffle Shots in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Variation: You can give your shots a shot! If you want to add a little kick to your Truffle Shots, stir in a bit of rum, brandy, or your favorite drink to pair with chocolate, after everything is heated and combined.