Kids will love making these candy cane reindeer. Candy canes, googly eyes, red candies, and pipe cleaners are used to make adorable reindeer with candy cane bodies. If you want these to last for several years, you can use small red pom-poms instead of candies for the reindeer noses.
Time Required: 15 minues
- Place a dab of craft glue or hot glue on the end of a candy cane's hook, and press a red candy or red pom-pom onto the glue. Repeat until all of your candy canes have red "noses."
- Smear a strip of glue about 1 inch above the nose, and press two googly eyes onto the glue.
- Twist a brown pipe cleaner at the top of the candy cane, right where it starts to curve. Pinch each side several times, so that it has kinks that resemble reindeer antlers. If your pipe cleaner seems to slip around, add a dab of glue to the bottom so that it doesn't slide.
- Your candy cane reindeer are now finished! Although the candy canes are edible, the small parts and glue on the canes make these more appropriate for decorations than eating. If you wanted entirely edible candy cane reindeer, you could use royal icing to glue on the candy nose, and use it to make the reindeer's eyes. However you make them, you and your family are sure to enjoy these candy cane reindeer!
What You Need
- Large candy canes
- Brown pipe cleaners
- Small googly eyes
- Craft glue or hot glue
- Red candies or red pom-poms