Candy canes aren't just for eating--use them to make this beautiful candy cane vase! This Christmas craft is easy, fast, and adds a lovely touch to your house during the holidays.
Time Required: 15 minutes
- Start by gathering your ingredients. The amount of candy canes you will need depends on the size of your vase. The vase I used was small (about 7 inches tall and about 2.5 inches across) and I used 22 candy canes to go around the vase. You will have to adjust the number of candy canes to match the size of your own vase.
- If you have double-sided tape, wrap it around the middle of the vase. This will help hold the candy canes in place as you position them and prevent them from sliding around too much.
- Slide a rubber band up around the vase, and start inserting candy canes between the rubber band and the vase. The double-sided tape should make this job easier, but if you're not using it, you can try and use a tight rubber band to keep the candy canes from wiggling around. As you add more and more candy canes, they start to hold each other up and move around less.
- Continue until there is a ring of candy canes around the entire vase. They should be so close together that there isn't any empty space between them.
- Tie a ribbon around the candy canes and over the rubber band so the rubber band isn't visible. Your candy cane vase is now ready to use! Fill it with water, add flowers, and enjoy the festive touch it brings. It is easy to disassemble this candy cane vase at the end of the holidays, or you can always leave it intact and use your candy cane vase year after year.
What You Need
- Large candy canes
- Glass vase about 6-7" tall
- double-sided tape
- rubber band