Yield: 36 Fudge Presents
- 18 ounces (3 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 14-ounce can condensed milk
- 4 tbsp (2 ounces) butter, cubed
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lb white chocolate candy coating
- 6 thin candy sheets like Fruit Roll-Ups or Fruit by the Foot
1. Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, condensed milk, and butter. Microwave in one-minute increments until melted, about 1-2 minutes. Stir after every minute to prevent overheating.
3. Stir to ensure all the chocolate is melted, then add the mint extract and salt. Stir until the candy is smooth and well-mixed.
4. Scrape the candy into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer. Let the candy set completely, about 4 hours at room temperature or 2 hours in the refrigerator.
5. Once set, cut the fudge into small squares with a large sharp knife.
6. Melt the white chocolate candy coating in the microwave, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating. Once the candy coating is melted and smooth, use forks or dipping tools to dip each piece of fudge in the coating until it is completely submerged. Remove it from the coating and place it on a foil-covered baking sheet. Let the dipped fudge pieces set completely.
7. Cut the Fruit Roll-Ups or Fruit by the Foot into long, thin strips about 1/4-inch wide. Wrap them around your "packages," pressing them together underneath the fudge squares to make them stick together. Use extra strips of candy to form bows or decorations on top.
8. Store Fudge Presents in a single layer in an airtight container for up to two weeks.