Yield: 6 cups Lemon Cereal Snackers
- 4 cups cereal like Corn Chex or Crispix
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp (1 ounce) butter
- 1 tbsp finely zested lemon peel
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
1. Place the cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Combine the white chocolate, butter, lemon peel, and lemon juice in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until melted, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent the white chocolate from scorching. Once melted, stir until everything is smooth and no lumps remain.
3. Pour the lemon-white chocolate mixture over the cereal and turn gently with a spatula until all of the cereal is coated.
4. Place the powdered sugar in a gallon-sized zip-top plastic bag, then add the cereal. Close the top of the bag and shake and massage it with your fingers until the cereal is separated into individual pieces and they are coated with powdered sugar.
5. Turn the cereal out onto a baking sheet and let it cool completely at room temperature until the white chocolate is set and the cereal is crunchy.
6. Store Lemon Cereal Snackers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.