Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Green food coloring
- 4 cups corn flakes cereal
- Small red candies, like red hots
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl, and microwave the butter just until melted. Add the marshmallows to the bowl, and microwave until the marshmallows are melted, stirring after every minute.
3. Once the marshmallows and butter are melted and smooth, stir in the extracts and food coloring. Adding the cornflakes will dilute the green color, so make the color a little darker than your intended outcome.
4. Pour the cornflakes over the mixture and stir gently to coat the flakes, trying not to crush them.
5. Place a heaping spoonful of candy onto the prepared baking sheet. Spray your hands with nonstick cooking spray, and gently form a hole in the middle of the candy, working it into a wreath shape. This recipe yields about eight 3” wreaths, or twelve 2.5” wreaths. Of course, you can make them any size you like, or make a variety of sizes from one batch.
6. While the candy is still sticky press three red hot candies on each wreath for decoration.
7. Allow the candies to set at room temperature, then carefully remove them from the baking sheet. Serve them at room temperature. These candies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. Separate each layer of candy with waxed paper so that they do not stick together.