- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1.5 oz unsweetened shredded coconut (yield 1/2 cup ground)
- 2 oz toasted walnuts (yield 1/2 cup ground)
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
1. Prepare a 6-inch pan (round or square) by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Grind the coconut and the walnuts in a food processor until very finely ground and set aside for now.
2. Place the heavy cream in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring it to a boil. Once it boils, turn the heat down to medium-low and add the sugar.
3. Stir until the sugar dissolves, then insert a candy thermometer. Continue to cook the candy, stirring frequently, until the thermometer reads 225 degrees.
4. Remove the thermometer and add the powdered milk. Stir constantly until the candy comes together and forms a clump in the pan (about 3 minutes).
5. Remove the pan from the heat and add the ground coconut, ground walnuts, and cardamom, stirring until they are well-incorporated.
6. Scrape the candy into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer. While it is still warm, score the top with a knife into small squares or diamonds. Once cool, cut along the scored lines and serve. Coconut Burfi can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.