- 3/4 lb fondant
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- Red food coloring
1. Place the jam in a small saucepan over very low heat, and cook it, stirring often, until it reduces to about 1/4 cup. The goal is to cook out the excess moisture, so that the creams will not be too moist and sticky. Once the jam is reduced, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature.
2. Dust your workstation and your hands with powdered sugar. Knead the fondant until it is soft and pliable. Roll it until it is about an inch thick, and cut several slits in the fondant.
3. Pour the jam, lemon juice and a few drops of red food coloring into the fondant, and sprinkle the powdered sugar over the top. Knead until the ingredients and color are evenly distributed throughout.
4. Pinch off small sections of fondant, and roll them into a ball between your palms. Place the creams on a baking sheet to set. Allow them to set in a cool room overnight before dipping them in chocolate or melted fondant.