Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 package Marshmallow Peeps
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (can substitute 4 oz chocolate coating)
- 1 tsp shortening
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Chopped nuts (optional)
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil.
2. Melt the chocolate and the shortening together in the microwave. If using chocolate coating, the shortening can be omitted.
3. Holding the Peep by the head, dip the bottom in the chocolate, covering a scant ¼ inch with chocolate. Shake it several times to remove excess chocolate before carefully placing it on the baking sheet.
4. If desired, the Peep can be dipped in a pile of sprinkles or chopped nuts when the chocolate is still wet.
5. Place the candy in the refrigerator to set the chocolate for 10 minutes.Click Here to View All Easter Candy Recipes!