Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 5 ounces chow mein noodles (1 small jar)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vegetable shortening
- Handful of jelly beans or candy eggs
1. Prepare a baking sheet by covering it with aluminum foil. Melt the chocolate and the shortening together in the microwave or over a double boiler, stirring until completely melted.
2. Allow to cool for a few minutes, but do not let the chocolate set. Once it is cool enough to touch, stir in the chow mein noodles until they are evenly coated.
3. Drop the chocolate-coated noodles onto the baking sheet with a large spoon. Make 5 large nests (the size of the palm of your hand) or 10 smaller nests.
4. Use your fingers to sculpt the noodles into a round shape and to form an indentation in the middle of the “nest.”
5. Place jelly beans or candy eggs in the center of the nests while chocolate is still wet. Place nests in the refrigerator to harden.Click Here to View All Easter Candy Recipes!