Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 lb fondant
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 cups whole almonds, toasted
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil or waxed paper.
2. Cut the fondant into small pieces and place them in the top of a double boiler set over gently boiling water. Place a candy thermometer in the fondant. Stir while the fondant melts, watching to ensure that it does not exceed 140 degrees.
3. Once the fondant begins melting, add the melted unsweetened chocolate and stir continually to combine. Keep stirring until all of the fondant is melted and the mixture is completely smooth. Remove the fondant from the heat anytime it looks as if it might exceed 140-150 degrees.
4. Remove the fondant from heat once its melted and well-combined. Add the nuts, and stir until they are completely coated and well-distributed.
5. Using a teaspoon, drop clusters of fondant-nut mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. You can use your fingers to reposition the nuts into more of a round cluster, if desired. Continue to drop candies until you have used all of the fondant-nut mixture.
6. Allow the fondant to set completely at room temperature before serving. To store, place the clusters in an airtight Tupperware container. Place a sheet of waxed paper between the layers, and store at room temperature.