Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: about 48 small fondant balls
- 3/4 cup warm mashed potatoes
- 1 tbsp butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lb sifted powdered sugar
- 3/4 pound shredded coconut
1. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with aluminum foil or waxed paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the potatoes, butter, salt, and vanilla.
3. Slowly beat in the powdered sugar in several batches. Stir in the coconut until well-combined.
4.Chill for 20 minutes until fondant is firmer. Dust your hands with powdered sugar, and roll the fondant into small balls between your palms.
5.Potato Fondant can be finished with a simple dusting of powdered sugar, or roll the balls in shredded or toasted coconut, chopped nuts, cocoa powder, cinnamon, or anything else you can think of! You can also dip Potato Fondant in chocolate.
6. Store Potato Fondant in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.Click Here to View All St. Patrick's Day Candy Recipes!