Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- Powdered sugar, for sprinkling
- 8 oz uncooked fondant
1. Prepare your workstation by dusting a counter or tabletop with powdered sugar.
2. Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler. Mix in the vanilla, and set aside to cool slightly.
3. Place the fondant on your work station and flatten it slightly with a rolling pin dusted with powdered sugar.
4. Using a sharp paring knife, cut several vertical slits in your fondant.
5. Pour the vanilla/chocolate mixture over the fondant. Knead with your hands, turning continually, until the chocolate is fully incorporated in the fondant.
6. Allow to rest for one hour.
7. Dust your rolling pin with powdered sugar again, and roll the fondant out until it is about ¾ inch thick.
8. Cut into squares and allow to dry at room temperature for 24 hours.