Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 2.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup marshmallow cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 5 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 lb chocolate to dip--your choice
1. Prepare by placing a large mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer to chill. Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Temper the chocolate and place it in a warm (but not hot) spot to retain its temperature.
3. Combine 2 cups of powdered sugar, butter, marshmallow cream, lemon juice, salt, vanilla, rind, and food coloring in a large mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed until smooth and evenly incorporated.
4. Slowly add the rest of the powdered sugar in batches, stopping often to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix until well blended.
5. Roll into balls ¾ inch in diameter, and place on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.
6. Chill for 20 minutes in refrigerator before dipping.
7.Re-warm chocolate if necessary. Using dipping tools or two forks, dip creams one by one in chocolate and place on baking sheet. Allow to set before serving.