Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 6 ounces (about 1.5 cups) chopped dried apricots
- 6 ounces (about 1-1/3 cup) roughly chopped toasted almonds
- 8 ounces dark chocolate
- Slivers of apricot and almond for garnish (optional)
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil.
2. Temper or melt the chocolate in a medium bowl.
3. Add the chopped almonds and apricots to the melted chocolate, and stir to thoroughly combine. Make sure that the fruit and nuts are evenly coated with chocolate.
4. Using a small teaspoon, drop small spoonfuls of the candy onto the prepared sheet. (Alternately, you can use paper candy cups and drop spoonfuls of candy directly into the cups). While the chocolate is still wet, garnish the top of each candy with a sliver of apricot and almond.
5. Once all candy has been formed, refrigerate for 20 minutes until the chocolate is set. If the chocolate has been tempered, the candy can be served at room temperature, but if it has not, it should be kept refrigerated until served.