Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 24 whole dried apricots
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) toasted almonds, finely chopped
- 6 ounces dark chocolate
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil. Place the chopped almonds in a small bowl.
2. Temper or melt the chocolate in a medium bowl.
3. Holding an apricot by the tip, dip most of the fruit into the melted chocolate, swirling to ensure even coverage. Remove it from the chocolate and drag it along the lip of the bowl, removing excess chocolate.
4. Pat both sides of the chocolate-dipped apricot on the chopped almonds, covering both sides with nuts.
5. Place the candy on the prepared baking sheet, and repeat for the remaining apricots.
6. Place in the refrigerator to set the chocolate for approximately 10 minutes. If the chocolate has been tempered, the candy can be served at room temperature, but if it has not, it should be kept refrigerated until served.