Be sure to check out the video showing how to make buckeyes!
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: about 24 buckeyes
- 1/2 stick (4 tbsp) butter, softened to room temperature
- 2.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped chocolate
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt.
2. Mix on medium speed for 1-2 minutes, until very smooth and well combined.
3. Using a teaspoon, form mixture into balls the size of a quarter. Place balls on cookie sheet covered with foil and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. While balls are chilling, melt the chocolate. Temper the chocolate if you desire.
5. Once balls are firm, they can be dipped. Using a toothpick, skewer a ball and dip it halfway into the melted chocolate. You want to leave at least a dime-sized circle of undipped candy on top of the ball.
6. Drag it along the lip of the bowl to remove excess chocolate, and place it back on the cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining peanut butter balls.
7. Return balls to fridge to set the chocolate. Serve once candies are firm.Click Here to View All Peanut Candy Recipes