Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 stick (4 oz) butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp butter-nut flavoring
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
1. Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Sift the powdered sugar into a large bowl and set aside. Chop the pecans coarsely and set aside for now.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the butter, cream, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and salt. Stir until the sugar dissolves and the butter melts.
4. Bring the candy to a boil, stirring constantly, and continue to boil and stir the candy for four minutes.
5. After four minutes, remove the fudge from the heat. Quickly stir in the pecans, vanilla extract, and butter-nut flavoring.
6. Pour the candy over the powdered sugar in the large bowl and stir until combined and smooth.
7. Pour and scrape the fudge into the prepared pan, and smooth it into an even layer. Allow the fudge to set at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Once set, cut it into small squares and serve at room temperature. Store remaining fudge in an airtight container or bag at room temperature for up to a week, or refrigerated for 2-3 weeks.