This fudge sets in the refrigerator, but it never gets fully ‘hard’ like some traditional fudges. You will want to store it and serve it straight from the refrigerator. The end result is a wonderfully creamy, smooth, and soft square of fudge.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 5.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1.5 cups toasted, chopped pecans or walnuts
1. Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place the softened butter and cream cheese in the bowl of a large stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Alternately, you can use a hand mixer. Beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth and fluffy.
3. Stop the mixer and add the powdered sugar, lemon zest, salt and vanilla. Mix until well-incorporated. Stir in the nuts by hand until they are evenly distributed.
4. Scrape the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth the top into an even layer.
5. Place in the refrigerator and chill until set, 4 hours or overnight. Cut the fudge into small squares and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Squares of fudge can be placed in individual candy cups for easier storage and serving.