- 2 tbsp butter
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 disc (3.1 ounces) Mexican chocolate, finely chopped
1. Prepare an 8x8” baking pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine the marshmallows and chocolate chips in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Place the butter, milk, sugar, cinnamon, cayenne and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until sugar dissolves.
4. Bring the mixture to a boil. Continue to let the candy boil, stirring constantly, for five minutes.
5. Remove from the heat. Stir in the marshmallows, chocolate chips, and vanilla, mixing until well-combined.
6. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
7. While fudge is still wet, sprinkle the chopped Mexican chocolate on top. Place in the refrigerator to set the fudge. Once set, cut into 1-inch squares to serve.