Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- FOR FUDGE LAYER:
- 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow cream or fluff
- 1 cup butter
- 1 package (10 oz) Andes baking chips (or 10 oz chopped Andes mints)
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- FOR TOP LAYER:
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 1 tsp milk
- 2 cups powdred sugar
- green food coloring
1. Prepare an 8x8 inch pan by lining it with foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine the butter, evaporated milk, granulated sugar, and marshmallow cream in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, until the mixture boils.
3. Once it has reached a steady boil, continue to cook for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract and the Andes mints. Stir until well combined, and pour immediately into the prepared pan. Refrigerate the fudge and allow to partially set, at least 1-2 hours.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the second layer. Beat the cream cheese with a mixer until softened. Add the mint extract and the milk and beat until well combined.
6. Add the powdered sugar in several batches and beat slowly at first, so the sugar will not fly out of the bowl. Beat until well combined, then add 3-4 drops of green food coloring, as desired. Add more milk 1/2 tsp at a time, if necessary, to get it to a spreadable consistency.
7. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the chocolate fudge, making sure that the fudge is set enough to support another layer. Spread smooth with an offset spatula and return to the refrigerator to fully set.