This recipe calls for lemon oil, which is a super-concentrated flavoring with a strong lemon taste. If you don’t have lemon oil, you may substitute lemon extract, but you may want to add more, to taste, to ensure that the lemon flavor is strong enough.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2.25 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1.25 cups (9 ounces) white chocolate chips
- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp lemon oil
- zest of one lemon
1. Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine the sugar and evaporated milk in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Stir continuously while the mixture comes to a boil. Once it is fully boiling, continue to cook, stirring constantly, for six minutes.
3. After six minutes, remove the pan from the heat, and quickly stir in the butter, white chocolate chips, lemon oil, lemon zest, and a few drops of yellow food coloring.
4. Stir quickly to melt the butter and white chocolate, and continue stirring until the fudge is homogenous and smooth.
5. Pour the fudge into the prepared pan. Allow it to set at room temperature for at least two hours. Once set, cut it into small squares to serve. Lemon fudge can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for several weeks.