Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 2/3 cup strained fruit juice of your choice
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp corn syrup
- food coloring, if desired
- superfine sugar, if desired
1. Prepare a 6-inch inch pan by wetting it lightly with water.
2. Place the gelatin in 4 tbsp of water to soften for about 5 minutes.
3. Place the juice, sugar and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir until sugar dissolves.
4. Stir in the gelatin and continue stirring until gelatin dissolves.
5. At this point add food coloring if desired.
6. Pour into prepared pan and leave until completely set.
7. When set, turn out of pan and cut with a sharp knife or cookie cutter into desired shapes.
8. Jellies can be rolled in superfine sugar, if desired, or served plain.