- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (1-3/4 oz) fruit pectin
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon oil
- 8 drops red food coloring
1. Prepare an 8-inch pan by covering it with aluminum foil and spraying it with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine the sugar and the corn syrup in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture is vigorously boiling, about 8-10 minutes.
3. Continue cooking ,stirring occasionally, until the candy reaches 280 degrees, soft crack stage.
4. While you are waiting for the candy to reach the proper temperature, mix the water, pectin, and baking soda in medium saucepan. Place over high heat and cook to boiling point. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
5. Once sugar/corn syrup mixture is at the soft crack stage, place the pectin mixture back on high heat. Stream the sugar mixture into the pectin mixture slowly, while stirring.
6. Continue to cook the candy, while stirring constantly, for an additional minute.
7. Remove from the heat, and stir in food coloring and cinnamon oil.
8. Pour into prepared pan and let set until firm.
9. Cut with a sharp knife or cookie cutters, and roll pieces in granulated sugar.