Pumpkin Halloween treat bags make great party favors or crafts for kids. Learn how to make these easy Halloween treat bags in just 15 minutes, with a few supplies from the craft store. Also check out Tombstone Halloween treat bags for another great spooky candy bag idea.
Time Required: 15 minutes
- For these pumpkin treat bags, I recommend using small orange paper bags, available at many craft stores. The ones I found are about 3 inches wide and 6 inches tall. Since I wanted my pumpkins to be a round shape, I cut about an inch off the top. This way, by the time I twist the top of my bag into a stem, the pumpkin itself will be approximately 3 inches by 3 inches. So depending on the size of your bags, you might want to trim the tops a bit to make them more of a round pumpkin shape.
- Crumple each bag into a small ball so the paper develops a soft, wrinkled look.
- Smooth the bags out and fill them with the candy of your choice, leaving enough space above the candy to twist the top together.
- Gather the top of a bag together and twist tightly until it is gathered together and the twisted portion is about an inch tall.
- Tear off a length of floral tape about 8 inches long. Starting at the base of the twisted portion, wrap the floral tape tightly around the twisted part and wrap it up to the top, pulling it as you twist and layering it on top of itself to tightly seal the bag. Pinch it together at the top so that the pumpkin stem tapers upward.
- Tear off another section of floral tape about 6 inches long. Fold it in half lengthwise, so it sticks to itself, and tie it in a knot around the base of the pumpkin stem. These are you pumpkin tendrils. Wrap the tape in a spiral around a pen or pencil, to give the tendrils some curl.
- Your pumpkin treat bags are now finished! These make great party favors or Halloween crafts for children. If you want, you can draw faces on the bags with permanent marker before you crumple and fill them, to make give them a jack o' lantern effect.
What You Need
- Small orange paper craft bags
- Candy to fill the bags
- Green floral tape