Yield: 2 1/2 cups candy corn milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk (any fat percentage is fine)
- 3 oz (1/2 cup) chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup candy corn
- 1 orange
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Whipped cream for topping, optional
1. Use a vegetable peeler or sharp knife to strip the very outer layer of peel from the orange. Try to get just the colored section—if you get too much of the white pith underneath it will cause your drink to be bitter.
2. Combine all of the ingredients (except the whipped cream topping)in a saucepan and place the pan over medium heat. Heat the milk, stirring frequently, as the white chocolate and candy corn melt into the milk.
3. Cook the milk until the candy corn and white chocolate are completely incorporated and the mixture is smooth and creamy. Strain out the orange peels before serving.
4. Serve Candy Corn Milk while it is hot, and top with whipped cream if desired. Excess can be stored in a container in the refrigerator and heated in the microwave or on the stovetop.