Yield: 12 Skull Marshmallows
- 12 large marshmallows
- 9 ounces (1 1/2 cups) chocolate candy coating or chocolate chips
1. With a marshmallow positioned vertically, use scissors or kitchen shears to cut the rounded front so that you have a flat surface. Flip the marshmallow over so that the cut part is now the back and it rests flat.
2. Make two angled cuts up from the bottom to the middle the marshmallow, cutting off the bottom corners and creating a chin shape for the skull.
3. Finally, use the scissors to cut a gash in the front of the marshmallow to form the mouth. Once complete, repeat this process with the remaining marshmallows until all of your skulls are formed.
4. Melt the chocolate candy coating in the microwave, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating.
5. Dip a toothpick in the melted coating and press it against the skulls to give them eyes and a nose.
6. Cover a baking sheet with parchment, foil, or waxed paper. Use a large spoon to drop a dollop of chocolate on the sheet, then nudge it out into an even circle that is slightly larger than the marshmallow skulls.
7. While the chocolate is still wet, gently place a marshmallow skull on top. Repeat this process until all of the skulls are mounted on chocolate circles.
8. Put the tray in the refrigerator to set the chocolate layer. Once set, they are ready to serve. Store Skull Marshmallows in an airtight container, and enjoy them within 2-3 days.