Yield: 1 9x13 pan
- 18 oz (about 3 cups) semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, to decorate
1. Prepare a 9 x 13 by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, condensed milk, and salt.
3. Microwave the bowl on high for 1 minute, then stir with a spatula. If the chocolate chips are not completely melted, return the bowl to the microwave and heat for another 15-30 seconds, then stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
4. Add the vanilla extract, and stir to mix it in. Scrape the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth it into a thin, even layer.
5. Let the fudge set at room temperature for 2 hours, or in the refrigerator for 1 hour, until it is firm.
6. Lift it from the pan using the foil as handles, and then use a sharp paring knife to cut it into long, thin rectangles. Either use the knife, or a crescent-shaped cookie cutter to round the top of the rectangles so that they resemble a tombstone shape.
7. Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave, then pour the melted white chocolate into a paper cone or plastic baggie. If using a baggie, cut a tiny hole in the corner so the chocolate flows out of the bag. Decorate the tombstones with spooky sayings or names.
8. Store Tombstone Fudge in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.