Making your own brown sugar at home is quick and easy, and the resulting brown sugar has a lovely fresh taste and soft texture, perfect for use in candy and baking recipes.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Place the granulated sugar and molasses in a large bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Use a fork, whisk, or mixer on medium speed to combine the sugar and molasses. Mix until the sugar is brown and the molasses is mixed through, and stop and scrape the bowl several times to be sure everything is incorporated.
- If you would like a darker, more robust brown sugar flavor, add an additional tablespoon of molasses to the sugar and mix it in. Store your homemade brown sugar in an airtight container at room temperature.
What You Need
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp unsulfured molasses
- Mixer or hand mixer (optional)