If you cannot find superfine sugar, you can easily make your own superfine sugar using just a food processor and granulated sugar.
- Start with a little more granulated sugar than you will need for your final recipe. Some of the sugar will turn to dust, so it's better to make a little extra superfine sugar. Pour it into a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
- Cover the food processor with a kitchen towel--making superfine sugar produces sugar dust, and it can get the kitchen a little messy if you don't cover the processor.
- Turn the processor to high speed and process the sugar for about 1-2 minutes. The exact time will depend on the quantity of sugar and your processor. You want the granulated sugar to be much more powdery and in a very fine grain.
- After you process it, let the dust settle back into the processor for 10-20 seconds, then remove the lid. Your superfine sugar is now ready to be used! Store it as you would regular sugar.
What You Need
- Granulated sugar
- Food processor with metal blade