Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1.5 cups
- 1 cup instant nonfat dry milk
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3-1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) melted butter
1. Place the dry milk, granulated sugar, 1/3 cup of the boiling water, and the melted butter in a blender.
2. Blend all ingredients together until they are smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender occasionally to get all the dry ingredients incorporated.
3. Condensed milk typically has a thick, syrupy consistency, but if your homemade condensed milk is too thick to pour easily, add another spoonful or two of boiling water and blend to incorporate. Adjust the water until you are happy with the consistency.
4. Use your homemade sweetened condensed milk right away, or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It will get thicker when it is refrigerated, but will loosen up when stirred and brought to room temperature.