Yield: 24 popcorn clusters
- 12 oz chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- 4 cups caramel popcorn (or plain popcorn, or mix of plain and caramel)
- 2 cups salted peanuts or other nuts, coarsely chopped
- Chocolate-covered sunflower seeds, sprinkles, or other decorations
- 24 mini paper muffin cups
1. Line two mini muffin tins with paper muffin cups and set aside for now. Alternately, you can use one regular-sized muffin tin and get about 12 large clusters out of this recipe.
2. Melt the chopped chocolate or chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating.
3. Place the popcorn and the chopped nuts in a large bowl, and pour the melted chocolate on top. Stir until everything is well-coated with chocolate.
4. Use a teaspoon or a candy scoop to heap spoonfuls of the popcorn-chocolate mixture into the muffin tins.
5. While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle the top of the clusters with chocolate-covered sunflower seeds, sprinkles, or any other decorations you'd like.
6. Refrigerate the trays to set the chocolate, for about 20 minutes, then serve.