Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 package (10 oz) butterscotch chips
- 1 can (5 oz) crispy chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and set aside for now.
2. Combine the butterscotch chips and peanut butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the mixture in one-minute increments, stirring after every minute to prevent overheating. Stir until the mixture is smooth and well-combined.
3. Add the chow mein noodles to the melted butterscotch and stir until they noodles are evenly covered.
4. Drop small spoonfuls of the candy onto the prepared baking sheet. These candies are easiest to eat when they are small, so try to make the spoonfuls no larger than one tablespoon or so. Refrigerate the candy until it has firmed up, about 25 minutes.
5. While the candy is chilling, melt the chocolate chips. Place them in a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave in one-minute increments, stirring after every minute to prevent overheating. Stir until the chocolate is entirely smooth.
6. Once the butterscotch noodles are firm, dip the bottoms in the melted chocolate, coming half an inch up the sides of the candy. Replace the dipped candies on the foil-covered baking sheet, and repeat with remaining candies and chocolate. If you have excess chocolate left over, you can drizzle it decoratively over the tops of the candies.
7. Refrigerate the candies once more to set the chocolate, for about 15 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.