Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 54 large marshmallows (1 large bag, with extras)
- 9 long (12") bamboo skewers, or 18 - 6"skewers
- 9 large graham cracker sheets
- 9 ounces dark chocolate
1. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with aluminum foil.
2. If you are using long (12”) skewers, cut them in half with scissors or a sharp knife, being sure to trim any splintery ends.
3. Place the graham cracker sheets on a shallow baking tray or large plate. Smash them with the palm of your hand, the bottom of a mug, or roll them with a rolling pin until you get coarse crumbs. I like to leave some larger crumbs for visual and taste appeal, but the final texture is up to you.
4. Temper the chocolate. This step is optional, but it helps the chocolate stay hard at room temperature.
5. Thread three marshmallows on each skewer. Using a large spoon, drizzle the marshmallows with melted chocolate, turning to make sure the candy is entirely coated. Shake or tap the skewer several times to remove excess chocolate.
6. Hold the skewer above the graham crackers in one hand, and with the other, pick up graham cracker crumbs and sprinkle them on the wet chocolate, making sure to cover every side of the candy.
7. Gently rest the completed candy on the foil-covered cookie sheet, and repeat with remaining skewers. Refrigerate until the chocolate sets, about 10 minutes. Makes 18 skewers.