Almond paste can be found in the baking section of many large grocery stores. You can also use this recipe to make your own almond paste.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 lb marzipan
- 8 ounces almond paste
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) butter, room temperature
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup marshmallow cream
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
1. Break the almond paste up into small chunks and put them in the bowl of the stand mixer. Add the butter, corn syrup, marshmallow cream, and any flavorings you might want to use. Mix on medium-low speed until smooth and homogenous.
2. Stop the mixer and add one cup of powdered sugar, then turn the mixer on low and mix until the sugar is incorporated. Stop the mixer again and add a second cup of powdered sugar and mix until combined. At this point, you can add more sugar or leave the marzipan as it is. If you are looking to eat it plain, dip it in chocolate, or use it in another featured capacity, the soft, fluffy texture of the marzipan is perfect.
3. However, if you need stiffer marzipan or want to roll it out and use it to cover a cake, add an additional cup of powdered sugar and mix until the marzipan is well-combined and stiff.
4. If you are not using the marzipan immediately, wrap it tightly in cling wrap and store it in the refrigerator. It can be kept for up to a month. After it has been stored, knead it until smooth and supple before using.