Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 lb marzipan, homemade or store-bought
- 1/3 cup finely chopped candied cherries
- 1 ounce finely chopped candied ginger
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 ounce white chocolate
1. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with aluminum foil.
2. Divide the marzipan into three equal portions. If marzipan is stiff, knead it to soften it.
3. Add the chopped cherries to one portion of the marzipan, and knead to fully incorporate. If the marzipan begins to stick, dust your work surface with powdered sugar.
4. Knead the ginger into the second portion of marzipan, and repeat with the apricots and the remaining portion.
5. Form each of the portions of marzipan into small balls, taking care to keep the flavors separate. Place in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the dipping chocolate.
7. Using a dipping tool or two forks, dip each ball in the chocolate. Dip one of each flavor in turn, and while the chocolate is still wet, place them next to each other, so that their shape forms a triangle and the chocolate will harden together. Repeat with all marzipan balls. Place in the refrigerator to set the chocolate.
8. Melt the white chocolate. Drizzle the chocolate over the candies, using a fork to drip the chocolate or using a piping bag to draw on designs. Place back in refrigerator to set.