Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 36 marzipan trios
- 1 lb marzipan, homemade or store-bought
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped salted pistachios
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 1/2 lbs chocolate candy coating
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment or waxed paper.
2. Divide the marzipan into three equal portions. If the marzipan is very stiff, knead it until it is smooth and supple.
3. Add the chopped cranberries to one portion of the marzipan, and knead everything together until the cranberries are fully incorporated. If the marzipan begins to stick, dust your work surface with powdered sugar.
4. Knead the pistachios into the second portion of marzipan, and repeat with the apricots and the remaining portion.
5. Form each of the flavors of marzipan into small balls,about 1/2-inch in diameter. You should get 36 balls from each flavor of marzipan. Make sure that you keep the flavors separate as you're rolling the balls!
6. Place the candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl and melt it in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating.
7. Using a dipping tool or two forks, dip each ball in the chocolate. Dip one of each flavor in turn, and while the chocolate is still wet, place them right next to each other, so that each candy is a triangle shape with with 3 different flavors. The chocolate will harden together and join the different flavors as the coating sets. Repeat until all of the balls are dipped and you have 36 Marzipan Trios. Let the coating set at room temperature, or in the refrigerator.
8. Marzipan Trios can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks, or in the refrigerator for up to a month.