Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1.5 cups toasted pecans, broken
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, water, and cream over medium-high heat. Stir constantly until mixture begins to boil.
3. Once it boils, stir occasionally until it reaches 260 degrees. At this point, add the softened butter and stir to incorporate. Continue to stir frequently until it reaches 280 degrees.
4. Remove from heat immediately. Stir in the nuts until well-combined. Pour the candy onto the prepared baking sheet and allow it to cool completely. Once cool, break into small chunks to serve.
5. Butterscotch Pecans should be store in an airtight container, separated in layers with waxed paper, at room temperature. They will get sticky if refrigerated or exposed to high humidity.